The hugely popular annual Metropolitan Opera Summer HD Festival is right around the corner.
Met Summer HD brings open-air screenings of ten productions from the company’s Peabody and Emmy Award-winning Live in HD series. The featured productions are beamed onto a large screen in Josie Robertson Plaza (Columbus & 64th) for free over the course of 10 consecutive nights, beginning Saturday (8/27). There are only 2,800 seats and it’s first-come, first-served, so be sure to get there early as the festival has been consistently packed since its 2009 debut.
You can view the official Summer HD Festival page here. The screening schedule is as follows (notice slightly different start times each day, ranging between 7:15 and 8:00 pm):
- Saturday, August 27, 8 pm: Donizetti’s Don Pasquale
- Sunday, August 28, 8 pm: Verdi’s Simon Boccanegra
- Monday, August 29, 8 pm 8:30 pm: Gluck’s Iphigénie en Tauride
- Tuesday, August 30, 8 pm: Puccini’s La Rondine
- Wednesday, August 31, 7:45 pm: Adams’s Nixon in China
- Thursday, September 1, 7:45 pm: Bizet’s Carmen
- Friday, September 2, 8 pm: Puccini’s La Fanciulla Del West
- Saturday, September 3, 7:15 pm: Mussorgsky’s Boris Godunov
- Sunday, September 4, 8 pm: Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor
- Monday, September 5, 7:15 pm: Verdi’s Don Carlo
Filed under: Entertainment, Events, Free, Landmark, Lincoln Center, Manhattan, Music, New York City, News, NYC, Seniors, Theater, Things to do, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Blog, Upper West Side Date Stuff, UWS 4 Comments »
Tags: Boris Godunov, Carmen, Don Carlo, Don Pasquale, Iphigénie en Tauride, Josie Robertson Plaza, La Fanciulla Del West, La Rondine, Lincoln Center, Live in HD, Lucia di Lammermoor, Met Live in HD, Met Summer HD Festival, Metropolitan Opera Live in HD, Metropolitan Opera Summer HD Festival, New York City, Nixon in China, NYC, Simon Boccanegra, Upper West Side, UWS