Posted earlier that Winter Jam NYC takes place in Central Park tomorrow, Saturday, 1/26.
In addition to free skiing (downhill & cross-country), snowboarding, snowshoeing, live entertainment (and more) for humans, there’s also a dedicated “Doggie Snow Zone” for their four-legged companions.
If you’ve got a pooch, this seems like a “must do” activity for tomorrow.
Here are the details from NYC Parks:
Doggie Snow Zone:
- Doggie Snow Park – An enclosed, off-leash area featuring agility equipment from Biscuits & Bath Dog Retreat
- ‘Ask the Expert’ Booth – Featuring celebrity dog groomer Jorge Bendersky, an expert nutritionist, and a canine behaviorist
- Café area and Doggie Treat Bar
- Adoptable Animals
- Vendor Booths
- Treat Bag Giveaway (while supplies last)
The action runs from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm on Saturday, 1/26, in the area around the Central Park Bandshell (roughly 72nd Street).
- SATURDAY 1/26: Winter Jam NYC In Central Park — Free Skiing, Snowboarding, Entertainment & More
- Snowmaking In Central Park As NYC Preps For Winter Jam NYC 2013 (Saturday, 1/26)
Filed under: Central Park, Entertainment, Events, Free, Manhattan, Nature, New York City, News, NYC, Things to do, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Blog, Upper West Side Dog Stuff, UWS 1 Comment »
Tags: Central Park, Central Park Bandshell, Doggie Snow Zone, doggie zone, Dogs, New York City, NYC, skiing, Snow, snow machine, snow making, snowboarding, Upper West Side, UWS, winter festival, Winter Jam, Winter Jam 2013, winter sports