Fashion’s Night Out is sort of dominating today’s posts, and this one is no different.
Celebrity Chef Marcus Samuelsson is opening a pop-up cafe in Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall (Broadway & 65th) to provide “global comfort” food through 9/15.
You can read the full details at marcussamuelsson.com, but here’s the overview:
- Open from 10:30 am – 11:00 pm every day through 9/15, Global Street Food Pop-Up will feature an eclectic and affordable menu of a wide range of international foods. Prices range from $5 – $12 for items like Malaysian Achat, Mexican corn on the cob, Doro Wat with Injera bread, Ethiopian lentil and cabbage salad, Beer-braised Wurst and Sauerkraut, and Malva pudding.
- Global Street will serve four specialty cocktails designed just for the pop-up café:
- The Big Apple — Fresh Granny Smith apple juice, Bulleit bourbon, simple syrup and a celery leaf
- Jamaican Splash — Sweet sorrel syrup with Appleton’s rum and tart lime juice
- Nordic Cooler — Lingonberry, St. Germain and vodka
- Shochu Cha — Shochu, Canton and oolong tea.
- Tonight, for “Fashion’s Night Out,” Chef Samuelsson will be on-site presenting “an unforgettable night of food, drinks, and fashion.” Qool DJ Marv will be spinning.
- The website says to bring “cash or a debit card” — not sure if that’s typo or if that means no credit cards. I’d be surprised if it’s the latter, but just FYI.
Joonbug.com notes that “since the space is located on the grounds of Lincoln Center, it promises a first row seat to the best street style of the week.”
Filed under: Celebrities, Entertainment, Events, Fashion, Food & Drink, Going Out, Landmark, Lincoln Center, Manhattan, Music, New York City, News, NYC, Openings/Closings, Restaurants, Things to do, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Blog, UWS 2 Comments »
Tags: Alice Tully Hall, celebrity, celebrity chef, Chef Marcus Samuelsson, Fashion Week, Fashion's Night Out, Food, Global Street Food, Global Street Food Pop Up Cafe, Lincoln Center, Marcus Samuelsson, New York City, NYC, pop-up cafe, Restaurant, Upper West Side, UWS