The Verdi Square Festival, a series of free outdoor concerts at the Upper West Side’s Verdi Square, kicks off it’s 7th season tomorrow (Sunday, 9/16).
Free performances will take place over the next three Sundays — 9/16, 9/23, and 9/30.
Details are available at verdisquarefestival.com.
- Sunday 9/16 — 1:00 pm: Opera from the Manhattan School of Music
- Sunday 9/23 — 3:00 pm: Opera from the New England Conservatory
- Sunday 9/30 — 1:00 pm: American Musical Theater from the Manhattan School of Music
Each performance runs approximately one hour.
Verdi Square is located at the intersection of Broadway & Amsterdam, between 72nd & 73rd Streets.
These articles are a few years old, but they give a good overview of the festival:
- NYT: The Median Is Alive With the Sound of Music
- WSJ: Joyful Noise Amid the Greenery
- New York Sun: Classical at a Literal Crossroads
Filed under: Entertainment, Events, Free, Kid Stuff, Landmark, Manhattan, Music, New York City, News, NYC, Seniors, Things to do, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Blog, UWS, Video 1 Comment »
Tags: Free, free concert, free performance, Manhattan School of Music, Music, New England Conservatory, New York City, NYC, Opera, Upper West Side, UWS, Verdi Square, Verdi Square Festival