A sunny Thursday afternoon seems like just about the right time to start thinking about the weekend. The forecast says the coming one should be beautiful, and if you’re looking for something to do outdoors, you might be interested in one of the new “Picnic To Go” boxes from Upper West Side stalwart Isabella’s (359 Columbus, at 77th).
From now until August 31st, Isabella’s is offering disposable picnic boxes packed with a blanket, flatware, bottled water, apple, chips, a cookie, and your choice of one salad and one entrée from the following list:
- Yukon Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Chives
- Caesar Salad with Ficelle Croutons
- Home-style Summer Slaw
- Mixed Green Salad with Butter Lettuce, Cucumber and Chive
- Imported and Domestic Cheeses with Grapes and Rustic Bread
- Turkey Club Wrap with Applewood Bacon
- Bufala Mozzarella and Beefsteak Tomato on Brioche Roll with Basil Aioli
- Prosciutto and Sopressata on Brioche Roll with Roasted Sweet Peppers
- Grilled Vegetables on 7 Grain Roll with Herb Goat Cheese
The boxes are a reasonable $19/each. The restaurant suggests 24 hours advance notice, but they can also be ordered day of. You can stop by Isabella’s or call 212-724-2100.
Given Isabella’s proximity to Central Park, this seems like a great option for the summer. The MyUpperWest Gal and I keep talking about doing a picnic one of these days, but we’re just too lazy to pack up our own crap. This seems like the next best thing.
Filed under: Central Park, Food & Drink, Manhattan, Nature, New York City, NYC, Riverside Park, Shopping, Things to do, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Date Stuff, UWS No Comments »
Tags: Central Park, Isabella's, New York City, NYC, Picnic, picnic basket, Upper West Side, UWS