The Cold Stone Creamery/Tim Hortons Coffee combo at 162 W. 72nd (between Amsterdam & Columbus) is the latest UWS spot to be shuttered by the Department Of Health.
They had previously earned an “A” grade during their last DOH inspection in February.
The store was ordered closed on Friday (9/7) and remained that way through yesterday evening (Monday, 9/10).
I just called them a little while ago and it appears they’ve reopened for business as of this morning.
Add them to the growing number of Upper West Side businesses that have been closed in the past six months or so (this is not a complete list — just what I’ve posted on).
- Bellini – Current Grade: A
- Dinastia China – Current Grade: A
- Abbey Pub – Current Grade: A
- Hungarian Pastry Shop – Current Grade: A
- Freddie & Pepper’s – Current Grade: B
- Pomodoro – Current Grade: B
- Cafe Ronda – New grade pending
- Wok City – Current Grade: B
- Thai Season – Current Grade: B
- Hudson Beach Cafe – New grade pending
- Machiavelli – New grade pending
I’ve also included the current grade (as of 9/11/12) for each restaurant. As you can see, most of them have rebounded nicely.
Filed under: Food & Drink, Going Out, Manhattan, New York City, News, NYC, Openings/Closings, Restaurants, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Blog, UWS 2 Comments »
Tags: 162 W 72, 162 West 72, 519 Columbus, Closed by Department Of Health, closed by health department, Coffee, Cold Stone Creamery, Department of Health, DOH, Health Department Restaurant Grades, Ice Cream, New York City, NYC, Tim Hortons, Upper West Side, UWS