It’s been nearly a month since the shocking daytime rape of a 73-year-old woman in Central Park.
Yesterday, accused rapist David Albert Mitchell was back in court, where he pleaded not guilty to a lengthy list of charges.
The day included new allegations that after the rape, he assaulted two other women on the Upper West Side before being arrested.
The newest charges relate to what one law-enforcement official described as “groping” incidents. They occurred on W. 70th (between Broadway & Amsterdam) and at the corner of W. 71st & Broadway.
As mentioned last month, Mitchell is pretty much the epitome of a psychopath.
Here is the full list of charges that he faces:
- Rape in the First Degree, a class B felony, 1 count
- Criminal Sexual Act in the First Degree, a class B felony, 1 count
- Robbery in the Second Degree as a Sexually Motivated Felony, a class C felony, 1 count
- Assault in the Second Degree as a Sexually Motivated Felony, a class D felony, 2 counts
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree, a class D felony, 1 count
- Strangulation in the Second Degree as a Sexually Motivated Felony, a class D felony, 1 count
- Forcible Touching, a class A misdemeanor, 1 count
- Menacing in the Second Degree, a class A misdemeanor, 1 count
- Sexual Abuse in the Third Degree, a class B misdemeanor, 2 counts
- Public Lewdness, a class B misdemeanor, 1 count
Filed under: Central Park, Crime, Manhattan, New York City, News, NYC, Seniors, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Blog, UWS No Comments »
Tags: Attack, Central Park, Central Park attack, Central Park Crime, Central Park Rape, Crime, David Albert Mitchell, New York City, NYC, NYPD, Rape, Sexual Assault, Strawberry Fields, Upper West Side, UWS