Didn’t get a chance to mention this yesterday, but the MTA’s FASTRACK maintenance program continues this week.
This time it’s affecting the A and C lines (plus the E, although that’s not an UWS line).
As a result, there are station closings and service changes from 10:00 pm – 5:00 am through Friday morning.
Full details are available at MTA.info, but here are the quick and dirty details:
- No A/C/E trains at stations from 59 St/Columbus Circle and Jay St/MetroTech between 10 pm and 5 am (though the morning of Friday, 10/26).
Here’s a more details breakdown:
No service between 59 St-Columbus Circle and Jay St-MetroTech
trains run via the and between 59 St-Columbus Circle and Jay St-MetroTech:
1. Via the between 59 St-Columbus Circle and 47-50 Sts.
2. Via the between 47-50 Sts and Jay St-MetroTech.
Service to Manhattan runs until 9:30 PM. Brooklyn-bound service runs until 10 PM. Take the instead.
No service between 7 Av/53 St and World Trade Center
trains are rerouted to the in Manhattan:
1. Trains run via the between 5 Av/53 St and 2 Av.
2. The 2 Av station is the Manhattan terminal for trains to/from Queens.
3. No trains between World Trade Center and W 4 St.
What are the travel alternatives?
• Use 6 Av stations to connect with rerouted trains.
• Take for service to/from Lower Manhattan.
• Take for service to/from 34 St-Penn Station and Times Sq-42 St/42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal.
Filed under: Events, Manhattan, New York City, News, NYC, Openings/Closings, Seniors, Transportation, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Blog, UWS No Comments »
Tags: A train, C train, commute, E Train, FASTRACK, FastTrack, MTA, New York City, NYC, Subway, subway closing, Upper West Side, UWS