Nice gesture by Upper West Side yoga instructor Christine Chen:
She’s donating her earnings from classes at UWS NY Loves Yoga (140 W. 83rd, btw. Amsterdam/Columbus) this week towards the ASPCA’s Sandy relief efforts.
The more people who attend, the more she can give. PepsiCo is doing a 100% donation match, which will double the money raised.
Here’s a listing of available classes:
- Monday, 11/5 – 5:00 pm: Open Level Vinyasa (“Happy Hour,” $10 cash)
- Tuesday, 11/6 – 11:00 am: Open Level Flow
- Wednesday, 11/7 – 6:30 pm: Chakra Flow 2/3
- Thursday, 11/8 – 11:00 am: Open Level Flow
- Friday, 11/9 – 9:15 am: Chakra Flow 2/3
Christine is also teaching a free yoga class at the UWS Athleta tonight at 7:00 pm (216 Columbus, at 70th).
Filed under: Events, Fundraiser/Benefit, Manhattan, New York City, News, NYC, Seniors, Things to do, Upper West Side, Upper West Side Blog, Upper West Side Dog Stuff, UWS, Wellness, Yoga 2 Comments »